Your home isn’t a “set it and forget it” kind of investment. All the major workings that keep your house running smoothly should be protected and strengthened by proper routine maintenance. A bit of prevention now can save you from a world of stress and expenses later on. Giving your plumbing or air systems a brief tune-up once a year can make all the difference.
Protect Your Furnace
Indianapolis isn’t exactly a tropical paradise. The winters can be brutal here, and having your heat go out can quickly drain you whole household of any wintertime cheer that might be present. Whether your furnace runs on oil or on gas, Godby can help you protect it with regular tune up measure to keep everything running smoothly. We also offer services for boilers and geothermal heating systems.
Of course, it is best to attend to your furnace year round to ensure that it is in good shape. Read on to learn more about all that goes into maintaining a functional furnace and the preventive measures that can greatly reduce the risk of costly malfunctions that waste valuable energy and reduces the lifespan of your furnace:
- Check Fan Controls. What good is a furnace if it does not run when it needs to, or if it runs incessantly? The fan control allows you to set exactly when your furnace kicks out — for instance, when the temperature of your home starts to drop so low you need to wrap yourself in several blankets just to stop shivering. By regularly making sure that this switch works properly, you can both prevent yourself needless discomfort in the winter and ensure that you catch any issues that need to be immediately addressed. Safety limit controls should also be checked on a regular basis.
- Inspect Burners. The burner is arguably among the most essential parts of your furnace. In the burner, fuel and air combine to produce the heat that warms every inch of your house. Unfortunately, burners may lose their integrity as they age and can develop a number of problems, from cracks to clogs. The sooner you detect any wear on your burners, the sooner you can fix it to keep the problem from becoming so large that it requires costly and invasive repair measures. This ultimately applies to any part of your furnace, including exhaust pipe, heat exchanger, blower wheel and assembly, blower motor amps, ignition controls, and any other electrical connections.
- Check for Gas Leaks. While you might be able to tell you have a gas leak thanks to a distinct smell, there are many instances when you might not get us a warning. As a result, gas leaks can go undetected until the problem has grown and is potentially harmful to your family’s well-being. To be sure your furnace is leak free, carefully inspect joints and fittings. If any look off in any way, it is worth getting the problem fixed right away, even if no leak is present at the time.
Our comprehensive tune-up will check these items on your furnace:
- Check Safety Limit Controls
- Check Fan Controls
- Check Temperature Rise of Furnace
- Inspect Burners
- Inspect Heat Exchanger
- Check Flue Exhaust Pipe
- Check Blower Motor Amps
- Check Ignition Controls or Pilot
- Check Gas Valve Operation
- Check for Gas Leaks at Furnace
- Lubricate Motor Blower (If Applicable)
- Inspect Blower Wheel and Assembly
- Check All Electrical Connections
- Check Thermostat Operation
- Replace Filter When Supplied by Owner
It’s Gotta be Godby
Godby offers services under any circumstances. No matter the make or model of your system, we will inspect it. No matter who serviced it last, we can fix it. And no matter when that untimely emergency strikes, we are on call to help. Owning a home is stressful enough, let us help you keep heating, plumbing and furnace maintenance off your mind. Call or text us today to schedule an appointment, or visit our website to see all Godby has to offer.