When to Call for a HVAC Maintenance
With so many responsibilities as a homeowner, it can be easy to forget about HVAC maintenance. However, annual HVAC maintenance is crucial for keeping your system running and preventing expensive breakdowns. Keeping up with annual maintenance and small repairs will save money by preventing larger, more costly issues in the future. Preventative maintenance also reduces the chances of a catastrophic breakdown that is expensive and time-consuming to repair. Regularly-serviced HVAC equipment has a substantially longer life span. A neglected HVAC system also loses efficiency, and annual maintenance keeps your equipment working better to help lower your energy bills. Not only will regular maintenance improve the health and life of your system, but it will also improve air quality and protect your family from the hazards of a malfunctioning system like carbon monoxide.
Things to Do Between Maintenance
The yearly maintenance appointment with a professional is not the only care your HVAC system needs. There are also things you should do yourself between your yearly maintenance such as:
- Change the HVAC filter every month
- Clean debris surrounding the outdoor unit, and keep foliage at least 18 inches away from it
- Hose down and wipe off the outdoor unit when it is visibly dirty
- Ensure no drapes, rugs, or furniture block the supply and return registers
Call an HVAC Company for Maintenance
Because of the complex moving parts, fuel line, and electrical connections, preventative maintenance, and other repairs require a professional. Only an experienced HVAC technician can safely provide maintenance for your HVAC system. When you call an HVAC company for preventative maintenance, you can expect them to:
- Assess and calibrate the thermostat
- Tighten electrical connections and measure the voltage on the equipment motors
- Add lubrication to the moving parts to prevent friction and overheating
- Check and clean the condensate drain of any sludge
- Check all system controls to ensure safe and proper operation
- Adjust the blower and clean if necessary to ensure correct airflow for maximum comfort
- Check and perform any necessary repairs on the refrigerant charge for the cooling system
- Tighten fuel line connections on your heating system to prevent carbon monoxide and fumes from leaking into your home
- Inspect and adjust the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger on your heating system.
Godby for HVAC Maintenance and Repairs
It is important to select the right HVAC company with the best skills and experience for your HVAC maintenance. Godby is an Indianapolis company committed to keeping your air conditioning system and furnace running properly to ensure the comfort of your home. We offer comprehensive inspection for HVAC as well as services including repair, maintenance, installation, and more. Our certified technicians are available 24/7 for your HVAC maintenance or emergencies. We will repair your furnace, heat pump, HVAC, heating system, or air conditioning system quickly and efficiently. Schedule your HVAC maintenance or repairs today by visiting our website, calling (317) 708-4912, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.