Call or Text Us Now: (317) 708-4912 7852 Moller Rd. Indianapolis, IN  46268 Shopping Cart  

I need to replace a breaker in my panel. Can I use any type of breaker?

The wire size depends on the desired use of the circuit. Most of the wire in your house is either 14-or 12-gage wire. Appliances and equipment use 10-, 8-, or 6-gage wire. 14-gage wire is rated for 15 amps, and 12-gage wire is rated for 20 amps. 10-gage wire is rated for 30 amps, 8-gage wire is rated for 40 amps, and 6-gage wire is rated for 50 amps. So, choose accordingly…not sure what you just read? Call a licensed electrician.





godby heating cooling

Frequently Asked Questions